Mountain Journal started back in the summer of 2010. Inspired by great magazines like Mountain Gazette, the plan had always been to produce a print version. But I never got around to it – until now!
The first print edition is hot off the press, and will be (covid lockdowns permitting) surfacing in cafes, mountain huts and public spaces across the Alps soon.
The aim is to produce an Annual, taking content from the website, including some new content, and covering the key mountain/ environment issues of the year.
The 2021 edition includes:
- First Nations – clear vision, strong voices – featuring some of the aspirations of four Nations with connection to the VIC High Country
- Dual naming of landscape features
- Fire – living in the Pyrocene
- Photo essay – Alpine Ash
- News from home – environmental updates from the mountains of NSW, Victoria and lutruwita/ Tasmania
- Around the campfire – some chats with mountain people
- Track Notes – the Ducane Traverse
- Mountain Culture – podcasts, magazines and films
- Offtrack – packrafting on the Central Plateau
- Chasing Giant Trees in lutruwita/ Tasmania
You can read the first edition here > mountainjournal#1
Would you like to contribute to the next edition?
It would be great to have your contributions for next year (and, as always, for the website). Please get in touch. And please let me know what you reckon. Happy to send you a free copy if you let me know your postal address.
BOX 69, Dinner Plain, 3898, Victoria, Australia