As we inch closer to winter, I have finally started working on the 2023 edition of the magazine. The theme the first year was First Nations aspirations for the high country. In 2022, it was ‘giving back to the mountains‘. In 2023, the plan had been to honour and acknowledge the people who did the hard work of getting the Alps protected. I am now feeling that I probably lack the time to really do justice to this topic, although we will certainly make a start and already have some fantastic content.
I am looking for content for this edition:
- a cover image – I love the image above from Karl Gray from last year. Anything strong and mountain related will be considered.
- updates for the ‘news from home’ section – environmental campaign news and updates
- ‘Offtrack’ – I am looking for a good adventure story.
2021 was a packrafting and paragliding adventure on the central plateau of lutruwita/ Tasmania. 2022 focused on an epic packraft descent of the Dargo River. I would love to hear about your unusual adventure in the Alps or Tasmania.
- Mountain Culture – what’s happening in the hills and valley towns – new businesses or projects, films, festivals, podcasts, magazines.
- Around the campfire – chats with mountain people.
I would love to get your ideas. Content needs to be finalised and sent to the designer on March 15, so please get in touch now if you have an idea. email@example.com
February 26, 2023 at 10:08 am
Karen Alexander http://www.snowgumpress.com.au http://www.snowgumpress.com.au/ PO Box 309 Emerald 3782
I acknowledge that I live on the unceded, stolen lands of the Wurundjeri and Boonwurung Peoples of the Kulin Nation. I pay my respects to their Elders past and present.