The following comes from the Victorian government:
The Andrews Labor Government today announced the newly appointed members of the Mount Buffalo Destination Advisory Group, which will work with Parks Victoria to identify future tourism options for the Mount Buffalo Chalet.
The advisory group was established to consider future options for the Chalet so it can stay safe and secure for generations to come.
Members of the Advisory group include:
- Mayor Ron Janas, Alpine Shire
- Mr David Jacobson, Chair, Community Action for the Chalet (CAC)
- Ms Amber Gardner, Chief Executive Officer, Tourism North East
- Mr Andrew Marshall, Regional Director, Parks Victoria
- Ms Christine Ferguson, Regional Director, Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Ms Janelle Boynton, Local heritage building specialist
Major works to preserve the Mount Buffalo Chalet will begin after Easter, after the Labor Government secured a revised package of works to upgrade the Chalet and surrounding areas. There will be no demolition as part of the works.
Parks Victoria’s Chief Executive Bradley Fauteux will meet with the new advisory group members this week when he inspects Mount Buffalo Chalet prior to the major external maintenance works.