This full day workshop will happen at the community centre at Dinner Plain on Saturday May 1.
It will feature a great range of speakers, covering:
- alpine peatland ecology
- fire and alpine environments
- opportunities to be involved in ecosystem restoration in the high country.
The Benambra Dinner Plain Omeo (BDPO) Landcare Group, North East Catchment Management Authority and the Mount Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board invite you to attend this day long Alpine Ecology Workshop.
Residents and interested persons will meet and hear from guest speakers, covering topics including alpine flora and fauna, what is an alpine peatland bog, threats to the alpine environment, waste and recycling matters, important environmental programs occurring in our backyard and learn how you can become involved in local Landcare and citizen science programs such as the Mountain Pygmy Possum and Broad Toothed Rat Threatened Species Programs.
Guest speakers are coming from:
- Melbourne Zoo/Healesville Sanctuary, Threatened Species Team,
- Latrobe University, Department of Ecology, Environment and Evolution, Bundoora,
- Mount Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board,
- Parks Victoria,
- North East Catchment Management Authority,
- BDPO Landcare.
Numbers are capped.
This is a free event. Register now and you will receive the full program prior to the event.
Date And Time
Sat., 1 May 2021
9:00 am – 5:00 pm AEST
Dinner Plain Community Centre. The Community Centre is the first building on the right, as you enter Dinner Plain. Parking is available on either side of Horseshoe Circle. Disabled access. Toilets within the building. Short walk to Village.
Dinner Plain, VIC 3898