Thredbo, Protect Our Winters and Chris Davenport present a day of raising awareness around POW and the importance of protecting our beautiful and unique environment.
You can join a hike to the summit of Mt Kosciuszko on friday 27 July at Thredbo, followed by a discussion night with Chris.
Chris Davenport, a two-time World Champion skier from Colorado and a board member of POW is widely regarded as one of the premier big mountain skiers in the world today. Chris is visiting Thredbo to help announce that POW is setting up an Australian chapter and to help spread the important message of looking after our beautiful and unique winter environments around the world.
On Friday 27TH of July come join us and Chris for a morning hike to Kozzie for POW, a shred and night of drinks plus inspiring stories to celebrate POW setting up an Australian chapter. On the night Thredbo will also be highlighting some of the significant steps it has taken in the past 12 months to help improve its environmental performance.
8.00am | Meet Kosciuszko Express Chairlift
8.30am | First lifts
9.00am | Start hike
6.00pm | Drinks & discussion night in the Kozzie Room
Hike for POW
Come join us for a mass hike out to Mt.Kosciuszko with Chris Davenport to raise awareness around protecting our winters!
- Where: Meet at the bottom of Kosciuszko Express chairlift
- When: 8am, Friday, 27 July.
- Who: Open to all skiers and snowboarders. Please note you must have a beacon, probe and shovel plus hiking equipment to take part in the hike. We will be doing a beacon check on all participants.
- You must be registered to be part of the action.
- Entry Fee: $5 donation to POW Australia.
You will be able to register via the Thredbo website soon.
- Where: Kosciuszko Room, Thredbo.
- When: 6pm, Friday, 27 July.
- Who: Open to everyone. Come one, come all.
- Free event
- Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org